Sunday, January 11, 2015

There is Work to Be Done!

My Freezer is Full of Leaves.....


This is the time of the year where I get busy using leaves that I collected this past summer and fall. It's and exciting time creating new art pieces.  The results are always different when using a frozen leaf vs a fresh one.  I discovered years ago that if I was going to use leaves for "Mark Making" in Montana, I had better figure out a way to preserve them for use in the winter. My husband knows we have little meat in our freezer, and yet he still loves me....



 Fresh leaves collected around my Cashmere,WA studio. I will freeze some and of course, and I have to try some mark making with a few fresh samples.


A gathering of leaves, grasses and moss from the Tally Lake, MT area, ready to be frozen or dried.


The Freezer is full for the season and that means I need to get to work....
Get my Art on!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...